Thursday, February 2, 2012

Sweet Sexy Dinner Rolls - One Rise!



I posted this recipe several months ago and I  knew I liked the recipe, but something about it was so average.  I wasn't jumping on the bed yelling "I love me some buns!" and really, that's what you should be doing when you find good bread.  You guys do that don't you?  I mean jump on the bed and stuff when you have good food? Oh jeeze, I'm a food weirdo...whatever.
Anyway, I made them again tonight and my hubby is upstairs remaking the bed.  Perfection...the buns I mean, the bread...can you stutter when you blog? 
Bottom line:...(still laughing).  Try this recipe...you might mess up the bed a bit with your foodie dance...but it is so worth it!
p.s. these are one rise rolls, from start too finish in just over an hour if your proof in a warm oven...another reason to whip up a big old sexy batch of buns!


Ingredients

1/2 cup water
1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup sugar
1 package yeast (.25 oz)
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1/3 cup softened butter
3 3/4 cup white flour
1/3 cup melted butter to brush on the top

I use a Kitchen Aid with the bread hook feature for this recipe...but you can use a bowl and your hands and get the same result!

Mix the milk and water in a microwave safe dish and microwave for 1 minute or until the liquid reaches 110 degrees (just a bit warmer than body temperature...just dip a finger in and check :)   add sugar and mix to dissolve.

Add yeast to warm liquids. Let sit about 10 minutes or so until the mixture becomes a bit frothy.

Add salt, egg and softened butter and mix until combined. 
Add flour, 1 cup at a time until well blended. 
On medium speed, knead dough for 5 minutes until smooth.

Spray a baking sheet with non stick spray. Cut and shape dough into desired shapes.



Cover with a clean cloth and put in a warm place for 1-2 hours or until double in size. (I heat my oven to 300 degrees for 5 minutes then turn off...makes a  nice warm spot for the bread to rise).

Preheat oven to 400

Brush with melted butter and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with additional butter and sprinkle with salt if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment