Saturday, January 26, 2013

Skinny Caeser Dressing



Personally, I love Blue Cheese Dressing...Marie's Blue Cheese Dressing to be exact. However,  there comes a time when you have to make a change for the sake of your waistline and arteries....and up until now, I really couldn't find anything that was a decent substitute. But this stuff is good...really good!  2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil in the whole recipe makes it artery friendly.

I adopted this from skinnytaste.com.  A blog I have mentioned several times.  I love her low cal stuff and I don't really like low cal stuff, so that's quite a compliment.
 I modified this recipe a bit, to increase the yield and I used anchovies paste opposed to a jar of anchovies.  Anchovy paste will last a good long time, a jar of anchovies...not so much.

The first thing my blogging muse, Rob said to me when I told him I made this is:  'ewwww Anchovies, I hate Anchovies!' (just want you to know, he said it like a girl).  Now I love Rob, but he doesn't  'do fish',  so I don't think he properly represents the  Anchovy.  Let me just say, if you do not use Anchovies in this recipe, I do not see the point in calling iti Caeser.   Caesar dressing IS all about the Anchovies. It is what made you fall in love with the dressing in the first place!  If  you choose to ignore me and make it anyway,  it will still be good, but it will not be Caesar, it will be Creamy Dijon with Lemon.  Do whatever, I'm  just sayin'...


Ingredients

1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1 large garlic clove
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon anchovies paste
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup Plain Greek Yogurt

Directions:
In a food processor or blender, add the cheese, lemon juice, garlic clove, mustard and  anchovies paste. Blend for about 20 seconds. Add the oil and yogurt and blend for another 30 seconds or so.

Makes about a cup.
 
 .




Pin it




No comments:

Post a Comment