Saturday, July 7, 2012

BLT Pasta Salad



Crisp, refreshing and easy!  

This recipe calls for store bought Ranch Dressing...yes, I said it, 'Redneck Ranch'. Personally, I am not a huge fan of Ranch,  (because I am so cultured an' stuff),  but in this recipe it works. I bought the higher end brand in the cold food section, I paid more, so I am sure it is better.

 If you don't like Ranch (or just don't want to admit you do), mix mayo and lemon juice...makes a sprite little dressing. (did I just say sprite when describing food?  OMG, I think I am evolving!)





Ingredients

2 cups dried rigatoni pasta (which will  yield 4 cups after cooked)
6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
1 cup cubed sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup cooked, chopped bacon (I buy the already cooked type and crisp it up in the microwave, my favorite is Trader Joe's Apple Smoked Bacon).
3/4 cup Ranch Dressing - adjust for your taste
Pepper to taste

Directions
Cook Rigatoni according to package directions.   Drain in colander and rinse well with cold water and let drain for about 5 minutes.
Combine all ingredients, including pasta ...toss until well combined and  ta-da, dinner is served!  Chill up to 30 minutes after tossed but beware, you may lose a little crunch in  your Romaine...

Makes 4 servings.





No comments:

Post a Comment