Thursday, May 24, 2012

Turkey Quesadilla Burgers


The first time I ever had a Quesadilla Burger was in Palm Desert,  after 18 holes of golf with our very dear friend's, Raela and Bob...both prolific golfers and lovers of good food...and guess where they took us to have this fine burger?  Applebees!
'So, if these guys are such 'food lovers', Kathi,  why did they take you to freakin' Applebees?' you ask.   Well, I'll tell ya why!...Applebees is the only place to get this burger...at least the only place I know of, and Raela knows good food ...so when the food whisperer speaks...I listen! 

And you know what? Applebees burger is good, good and creamy with processed gooey cheese and buttery grilled tortilla's...and I want it...I want it bad.  But my old ticker is saying, stop with the greasy food already.  So here we go again,  same old song running in my head: burger? health?...burger?...health?... sometimes the burger wins and sometimes my health wins, but with this recipe, I get both!

You can cook these on the stove top, as I did ...(because, well...Seattle weather sucks)  Or you can use the grill.  It would be yummy with fresh corn kernals tucked in the tortilla or sprinkled on top, maybe some Queso cheese and spanish rice on the side.

Holy Quesadilla!   I can already tell, I gotta make these again...and soon!



Ingredients

1 1/2 pounds ground Turkey (I'm only using Organic these days. 93/7)
1 Anaheim chili, seeded and chopped (a small can of diced chili's will work in a pinch)
4  - 8" flour tortillas
1 cup grated light cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons butter (or margarine, if you must)
Rub-a-dub-dub seasoning chili powder

Directions


 Anaheim Chili

Combine ground turkey with chopped Anaheim chili, salt and pepper. 

Sprinkle with RADD mix (that's an acronym for Rub-a-dub-dub mix...thought I'd go all Rachel Ray on ya).

Form patties in oval shape.  Grill 4 minutes on each side or until done.  Remove and keep warm.

Butter one side of tortillas.
Place cooked turkey patty in tortilla, butter side out , sprinkle with 1/4 of the cheese and fold over.


Put back on grill and cook for about 1 minute on each side until toasty and cheese is melted.
Cut diagnolly to make it pretty,  and serve with salsa, sour cream and avocado's if you choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment